Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Home Sweet Home

I started out building a place that I could put the girls while I cleaned out their corral, but I also wanted it to double as a temporary shelter for taking them outside for backyard field trips until they're big enough to go out there for good.  Anyway, it turned out so well that it's going to be their new place - probably until they move out to a coop.  It cost less than $20 to build and probably only weighs a couple of pounds.

This is pen folded flat (for getting it through doors, easy storage, etc.):


This is it unfolded:


And here are the girls enjoying it:


They're getting so big!  Gertrude, Phillipa, and Vera will jump on my arm and Gertrude climbs up to sit on my shoulder sometimes.  More photos of them very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment